Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 27, 2011

What would you do?

If someone asked you to spend endless nights worrying and alone would you do it?

What if they also asked you to endure feeling that pit in your stomach come up in your throat at the thought of bad news?

Would you freeze your behind off for 2 hours because you dont have the courage to drive away?

Would learn a whole language just so you can have a conversation with your spouse?

Could you give up normal daily activities like sleep for a brief amount of electronic communication from your spouse?

Would you up root your family countless times to be close to your heart?

Could you say good bye to the people you have known your whole life, your family you grew up with, to live in who knows where not knowing a single soul?

If you can answer these questions you know what I am talking about.

Now without thinking pretend for a second that none of these questions has to do with the fact that I am a military wife. Take the military out of it and answer them again.

See we really aren't that different you and I. We may live in different worlds. But how different are they really. They are based in love. And love speaks every language. Just because I am a military wife and you aren't doesn't mean everything about our lives is different. So why are we treated that way?

Why are military wives treated like we do something so different?

We do sacrifice. True statement. Who doesn't?
Who doesn't want to live their life with the love of their life? Wouldn't you do anything you could for them?
Yes sometimes we go a little over the top. Sometimes we give a little more. But so do our husbands.
Our husbands serve this country without regret, remorse, or second thought. So yes we serve in the same way. With a few exceptions.
We dont all wear uniforms. But we support each and every one.
We dont all carry weapons. But don't mess with our men because our words are far worse.
We don't all have a job that takes us across the world. But we have a heart that does.

So don't think of us as different. Just think of us. Every once and a while. Just stop and think for a second and maybe even say a little prayer for us.

I love my husband. I love my family. I love my job. I love my life.

Its something I can honestly say after 30 years of life. Nothing else makes me happier than what I do everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment