Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rainbows and butterflies

Sometimes life isn't always rainbows and butterflies..... Seems pretty straight foreword. Take life at as it is dealt to you. Ok can do. Except.... Sometimes I do wish I had a normal life. That I didn't have to be strong. I don't have to spend my first anniversary alone. That I don't have to deal with a panic email the day my husband leaves to deal with something that has to be done right this second. That I'm the strong one, who does everything right and doesn't let stuff get her down. Sometimes I just want to curl up in a ball, with the covers over my head and just cry all day. Because unbeknownst to the world I am indeed human. I don't always want to be the one who fixes it. The one who is encouraging. The social butterfly.

But. Then there is always rain before a rainbow. A caterpillar before a butterfly. And sometimes even the though the world crashes in on me, there is always a ray of sunshine. A friend who makes you laugh hysterically, a call from mom/dad telling you it's ok, a smile/hug/kiss from your kids. Those special moments that take your breath. Make you stop and look inside and understand why you are the way you are. Why when the world has crashed around you before, you have gotten up, dusted yourself off, learned from it, and moved on. Why people see you as strong. Not because you have to be. Because you choose to be. Why you can encourage others. Because others have encouraged you. Why you can deal with things thrown at you. Because you can step back, deal with it, and go on.

It's not a matter of what is dealt to you. It's what you do with what is dealt to you. And yes sometimes I don't want to deal with things right away. Sometimes I want to cry and whine about what complete sucks about life. But eventually I come around. Life is what you make of it not what it makes of you. If life was easy it wouldn't be a four letter word, would come with a full warranty, and instruction manual. Since that isn't the case. Make your own instruction manual. Live life by making it the way you want it to be. I'm not perfect nor do I claim to be, but I try to be the best person I can. It takes work, a lot of work. Everyday is a new challenge. But if we don't challenge ourselves, we don't grow. Without growth, there is no joy in what you have accomplished.

If I have learned nothing else in my life, I have learned a few things that I hope helps even one person. Laugh at yourself. If you can laugh at yourself, others can laugh with you and laughter is the best medicine for anything. Love. Without holding anything back. Love someone so completely that no distance can overcome the love you share. Love yourself. If you don't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to love you. Make your own destiny. If you sit and wait for things to happen one day you will wake up and wonder where the time went. Life is a wild ride, but if you grab it by the horns, hang on tight, and see where it leads you may be surprised with what turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment