Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Little Things...

Sometimes I like to sit back and remember that the little things get us through. I am also very fortunate to have friends who help me remember this as well. Little things like the way your husband can make you smile even from a great distance. How just thinking about him makes him seem closer. How one look from your child makes you instantly think of something your husband does as well. How just waking up to an email can make your day.
I really am a lucky woman. I met the love of my life and he is in my life forever. I have been blessed with three amazing children. Who even though they are still growing up and have their faults, make my  life a little better each day. My family means the world to me, and I am thankful for every day I have with them.

I dont like having a lot of negative posts on here, but it seems that I am most likely to write when I am upset. I think because my heart is somewhere else and even though I have some amazing friends who listen to vent. It is not always the same as when I would sit and talk to my husband. We would sit and talk about our days, tell each other we loved the other, and watch TV, then go to bed. Silly I know but I miss it. Even when we did nothing, we did it together. That togetherness I am missing terribly. I know those days will come again. The days are passing a little easier the further we get into this deployment. It helps having things to do. But some days I miss just sitting next to him on the couch and doing nothing else. Just enjoying his company. Holding his hand. Laying my head on his shoulder. The way he smells.I hear all the cliches " This too shall pass", " there is a light at the end of the tunnel", etc. But even though I know this in my heart, some days are still difficult. It is not that today is particularly bad. I am not crying at everything. I just miss him a lot today.I miss the little things today. And I will be ok I know that. I have amazing support. But sometimes I just want to miss him. I want to feel how I feel. I want to cry if I want to. If I didnt feel this way I would be really worried. It would mean I didnt care. I do care. Very much. I have never loved someone ( besides my children ) so completely from the moment I met them. I know all those in love with someone says I am in love with the best man/woman in the world. But I truel am in love with the best man in the world. The best one in the world for me. Noone else. Just me. I love everything about him. He amazes me everyday. Wether he is here or there. I find out new things I love about him everyday. I love the fact the he loves me just as much in return. I love the fact he thinks I am his queen. Not a princess, not an angel, a queen. To me that means a lot. I love that he takes the time out of his day so we can communicate back and forth. I love that he thinks I am the most beautiful woman in the world. I know I am not, but as long as I am in his eyes that is all that truly matters. I love that even when he thinks he has done something that will upset me, I can see that he only did it because he loves me so much. I love that no matter what I am feeling he can make me smile.

I may be silly, but I love living my life with little things. Because some days the little things are what keeps me going.....

No comments:

Post a Comment